Saturday, December 26, 2009

Substitute for cream cheese and whipped cream?

I have a recipe that calls for whipped cream and cream cheese. Does any one know what can I use insted of those two ingrediants? I am a vegan.Substitute for cream cheese and whipped cream?
Tofutti makes ';better than cream cheese'; which is vegan (except for the salmon flavor one), it tastes good too. I'm not sure about whipped cream though.Substitute for cream cheese and whipped cream?
cream cheese - a product called tofutti! (vegan cream cheese)





whipped cream ( you can condense and whip soy milk)
Cream cheese:


Tofutti -- Better Than Cream Cheese


http://tofutti.com/btcc.shtml





Whipped cream:


I use Soyatoo Soy Whip. They have it at Whole Foods where I live. http://www.soyatoo-usa.com/





Good luck!
As the others have said Tofutti makes an excellent cream cheese and for whipped cream use Rich's, it's vegan and you can find it in the freezer section of just about any grocery store.
^ Neither fromage frais nor yogurt are vegan... why would you substitute dairy for another dairy product?





Anyway... Tofutti makes versions of both... soy based and whatnot. Actually, I like their cream cheese better than real cream cheese. Don't know much about whipped cream as I never use it, but I'm assuming it's passable.
fromage frey or yoghurt.
Cream Cheese: TOFUTTI





Whipped Cream: Use soy cream

No comments:

Post a Comment