Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am 20 weeks pregnant and think I have a yeast infection. Can I use over the counter vaginal cream?

I have a slight itch/irritation and some discharge with no smell. I don't want to call my obgyn and I bought some cream that I would like to use. I just want to make sure it is safe to use while pregnant.I am 20 weeks pregnant and think I have a yeast infection. Can I use over the counter vaginal cream?
always a good idea to check with your doctor when you are pregnant, to rule out anything dangerous, and to make sure what you use is safe.





i read on a website somewhere ';pregnancy is not the time to self diagnose, always see a doctor';I am 20 weeks pregnant and think I have a yeast infection. Can I use over the counter vaginal cream?
Call your OB and talk to a nurse or midwife (or doc, of course). Some infections you can get during pregnancy can be harmful to your baby (a bacterial infection) and there is a very easy test they can do in the doc's office. When I thought I had one I called and they had me come in and rule out that it's not the bacterial infection that could hurt my baby...and then all I needed to do was change to a sensitive, unscented soap. :-) Good luck %26amp; congrats!
nope, see your doc...it could be more than your standard yeast infection
you should contact your doctor i would'nt recommend you use it they will probably give you a pill to take instead of the creme

No comments:

Post a Comment