Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it okay to use a yeast infection cream while I have my period?

I recently received a yeast infection cream from my doctor but I have my period next week and I don't know if I should wait until after I finish having my period or not.Is it okay to use a yeast infection cream while I have my period?
Using a yeast infection cream while you have your period is just fine. The sooner you clear up the infection, the better, really. Just be sure to use pads instead of tampons.Is it okay to use a yeast infection cream while I have my period?
There is no problem using a yeast infection cream your period.
With the yeast cream called Terazole I found out (when I used it for a yeast infection) from the insert with the medication that it is ok to use the product during the menstrual period. I would recommend checking with your doctor as well to see what they say.
eewww !!
With yeast infections I think the sooner you start treatment the better, you wouldn't want to spend a whole week itching like crazy or have it get to the point where the area actually hurts. There is no reason why you cant use it while you have your period, obviously it would be easier when you don't have your period, but the treatment will work just fine.
It shouldn't make any difference whether you are on your period or not, it's fine to used at the same time. If you feel more comfortable waiting a few days then that also should be fine.
I think it should be okay, but if I were you I would wait just in case. After all, it's only for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment