Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is there anything I can substitute for sour cream besides plain yogurt, I don't have any of that either?

According to my book Substituting Ingredients by Becky Sue Epstein and Hilary Dole Klein...





For 1 cup of sour cream, you can substitute:





-1 tablespoon white vinegar plus enough milk to make 1 cup; let stand five minutes before using





-1 tablespoon lemon juice plus enough evaporated milk to make 1 cup





-cottage cheese, mixed with yogurt if desired, and 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; blend well (since you don't have yogurt, leave that out)





-1/3 cup melted butter plus 3/4 cup sour milk for baking





-6 ounces cream cheese plus 3 tablespoons milkIs there anything I can substitute for sour cream besides plain yogurt, I don't have any of that either?
Depending on what it is you are making can cream cheese work very wellIs there anything I can substitute for sour cream besides plain yogurt, I don't have any of that either?
you can always use heavy whipping cream and add 1/2 tea spoon of flour until its stiff it might taste different but i head it works
milk and vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment