Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Will I get sick if I eat expired canned cream of mushroom soup?

if it expired on August 17, 2009? That's less than a month.... and this can is my only can of cream of mushroom and I need it for a recipe, and I can't go out to the store right now..





Anyone know if I will get sick from it?Will I get sick if I eat expired canned cream of mushroom soup?
I would say that you'd be fine. It's not open and it's a very short amount of time past the date. I have done it. And you'll be cooking it to a temp that will more than likely kill bacteria right? I doubt you are going to just eat it from the can?!Will I get sick if I eat expired canned cream of mushroom soup?
I woulnd't recommend eating anything that is expired and from a can especially...
There's no way to tell unless you use it, but chances are it's still good to use. Cans of soup typically have a shelf life of 1-2 years. Campbell's soup use a 'use by' date which goes by month and year instead of exact day, with a recommendation that the soup be used by the end of the prescribed month.

No comments:

Post a Comment