Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I add reserve juice from canned pineapple in cream cheese pound cake recipe?

I want to make pineapple upside down cake using cream cheese pound cake recipe but I am not sure if I can add the left over juice from the canned pineapple without messing up the cake. Here are the ingredients of the cake.





1 1/2 cups butter


1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese


3 cups white sugar


1 tablespoon vanilla extract


1 teaspoon almond extract


6 eggs


3 cups cake flour





Any way I can substitute or add without ruining the cake?Can I add reserve juice from canned pineapple in cream cheese pound cake recipe?
Depends on how much juice you are trying to add. I would cut back a bit on the butter to add juice. :)Can I add reserve juice from canned pineapple in cream cheese pound cake recipe?
Normally, I'd substitute it for any water or milk in the recipe, but you don't have any liquid in there to substitute it for:) This seems like a strange upside-down cake recipe with the cream cheese in there:) Doesn't your recipe call for using the juice to make a syrup? If not, you could always use it to make a light glaze with powdered sugar, and put it on the cake afterwards. Btw: I'd substitute the almond extract with lemon or orange instead for this cake

No comments:

Post a Comment