Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cake without cream of tartar, whats going to happen to it?

I just made a cake, first time i make one, and I didnt have cream of tartar so I decided to go ahead and not put it not knowing what it was and what it was for, so now I want to know is my cake going to be messed up? is it not going to raise, I didnt use a substitute for these cream ither, and now I need to make the frostin but it also needs cream of tartar what can I do? Help!!!!!!!Cake without cream of tartar, whats going to happen to it?
Cream of tartar in beaten egg whites gives them more volume, so maybe the cake will be a little heavier than intended.Cake without cream of tartar, whats going to happen to it?
Being a former chef, and having done alot of baking, there is no noticable difference, the cream of tarter is used along with the other leavening agents.





I stabilizes the other agents and like as stated with egg white it does the same, in other cakes it is more of a assist to the baking powder or soda.
Isn't cream of tartar the same as tarter sauce? I have that on my fish!
Depends what type of cake, but it probably won't make much of a difference. I may not rise as much as you hope. Just use icing sugar, a drop and vanilla and butter for the frosting and it will be delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment